Saturday, August 09, 2014

Wildflower Season

It's that wonderful time of the year, after much rain, the wildflowers are sprouting from the previoiusly dry, dusty soil that always looks as though nothing could grow there.

I like to drive the back roads where the Pathfinder is surrounded by wildflowers and in fields for as far as the eye can see.  These photos were taken from the car window as I was in a hurry!
I'll do better next time.  It is evident though that the flowers are higher then the top of the Pathfinder!
The colors are orange, purple, fuscia, yellow, white.  A plethora of colors and plant species.  The butterflies and hummingbirds along with the bees are having a field day.  Pardon the pun!

The most beautiful place to be this time of the year is the area around Patzcuaro.  One of my most favorite places in Mexico, the fields full of pink cosmos with black and white cows in the same field are magnificent.

IF I were an artist, I would set up an easel and attempt to capture those images to keep forever.  My only way to capture it is with my trusty little camera.  It is quite a sight.

At my house I've measured 17 inches of rain so far this year.  Twenty-five inches is our usual annual rainfall so we have way more to enjoy.  Hopefully I can get over to Patzcuaro in October to enjoy their wildflowers.
We'll see............meanwhile, I'll enjoy my trips on the back roads around San Miguel.

No comments: